Monday, January 07, 2008

Back to Normalcy

The boys went back to school today and Cary went back to work .......so the holidays are officially over. I really could have used a few more days to recover from all the traveling that we did. We were in Austin the weekend before Christmas and then right after Christmas we were in Missouri for a week. I did a really horrible thing and accidentally erased all the pictures I took while in Missouri. I couldn't believe I actually did that. I almost cried. So just imagine lots of cute pictures with cousins and grandparents here. We had really good visits with both sides of our families. It was really nice to be able to go to Missouri and visit with my family especially my dad before he leaves to go to Kuwait for a year. We are really nervous about this, but we know that my Dad has prayed about it and feels it is the right thing to do. We will definitely miss him and will be counting down the days until he comes home in July for a 2 week visit.
We love the holidays but at the same time are glad to get things back to normal. The boys were excited to go back to school and I think Kate was ready to have me all to herself again. I got strep for the second time in 3 months while in Missouri, so I am just glad to be home and not be sick anymore. Yeah for Normalcy!!

4 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

Yikes, sorry about the strep! Glad you had a good holiday visit. I've erased pics too, and you think it's the end of the world at the time, but you'll take more next time and forget all about it!

Alicia said...

What's up with the strep. Brian and I have it too. Both the kids got ear infections last week so they were already on meds so we don't have to worry about them. Aggh!

Leisha Mareth said...

I have strep again too. Waaaah. Did you pass it via bloggerland?

Alicia said...

Your not the first to say that they have step too. It seems the beast is going around. Brian had to go back to the doctor, because the Rx he got the first time wasn't working. good luck on get better.