Tuesday, September 18, 2012

success

Cooking for my kids is not fun. They are very picky and it seems that all three never agree on what's good. If I can get 2 out of the 3 of them to like something, then it's a success.

I tried this crock pot recipe about a month ago and Joshua and Braeden loved it. Kate not so much, but it wouldn't be a normal Jones dinner if somebody didn't like it. Anyway, I made it again this past week and the boys gobbled it up. It is super easy and quite yummy.

2 lbs. boneless, chicken breasts
1/2c. Italian dressing
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkt ranch dressing mix
1/2 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tbsp. ground cumin

Place chicken in crock pot. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on high 5 to 6 hours or on low 8 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Place shredded chicken back in to the crock pot and combine with liquid. Serve in tacos, burritos, salad, quesadillas, etc.

Joshua likes to eat it on flour tortillas. Braeden and I like it on white corn tortillas that have been charred just a bit. We also like to serve with black beans and I love it with homemade guacamole.

No comments: