Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Temple Walk

The Young women in my ward did an 18.1 mile walk to the temple. In the end it ended up being a few miles more than that because of a wrong turn but thats ok...that's how life sometimes turns out as well.

We started super early at 4:30 in the morning.  

We made some stops along the way and shared some thoughts with them about the temple.

One of our goals as young women's leaders is to help our young women understand the importance of the temple. I found this beautiful picture and gave one to each of the young women. We want them to "keep their eye on the temple".

We also had tons of fun along the way....




About halfway through it started to get hard.  Legs were tired, feet started to blister, and it was hot.  We started to slow down.


But as we got closer to the temple the girls started to get excited.  They even began running towards the temple.


Our families were waiting for us.  Friends were there cheering us on.  It was a moment I will never forget.


We did it! I am so proud of these girls.  This was a very powerful experience for me and one that I will cherish forever....... and never, ever forget.

No comments: