Tuesday, December 11, 2012

what's been goin' on

We decided Kate's room needed a makeover so we have been busy working away trying to make a few changes. She chose to paint over the lavender in her room to a very bright turquoise. I was worried about the color at first, but it has turned out very cute. Her new bedding is black and white. We have also repainted some of the white furniture black as well. I covered her old lamp with two different print ribbons and it turned out super cute. We still have work to do but it is coming along and she is very happy with the results.

Recently we had some friends over for dinner. I noticed that all three of our boys were so consumed with electronics. Each of them had their nose either in a phone or laptop or iPod or something. Anyway, I made some kind of comment like, "our kids are way to consumed with technology"....and from the other room I hear Adria say, "We aren't. We are old-schoolin' it". She and Kate were in the kitchen reading, writing, and drawing pictures. Definitely old-school...

The Beehives came over last Wednesday night to put together cookie plates and deliver them to several families in the ward. We sang Christmas Carols as we waited for the families to come to their door. It was a super fun activity.

St. Nick made a stop at our house. This is a tradition that I grew up with having lived in Germany for many years when I was younger. Every year on the night of December 5th the kids put their shoes out. If they have been good during the year a small treat will be left for them...if they've been naughty some coal or switches will be left behind. Somebody forgot to put his shoe out this year....he's lucky I've got connections. :)

No comments: