Monday, December 09, 2013

thanksgiving, a birthday, ice-mageddon, and some other stuff

Today is the perfect day to get caught up on my blogging. We are on day 4 of ice-mageddon and are loving it. It has been a nice early Christmas gift to be at home with the family.  This is what has gone on in the Jones household the last couple of weeks:

We went to Missouri for Thanksgiving. We all ran a turkey trot Thanksgiving morning. It was soooo cold. We still had fun. I finished in 30:55. I think that is my best time yet.



Braeden was so sweet. After he finished his race he came back for me and pushed me to run harder and faster. After I finished we both went back for my sister, Tara and finished with her.
                                                       

Because I am lame or lazy or maybe both I didn't take many more pictures from our time in MO.  We did put together several puzzles, the kids played on the trampoline a lot, and we ate a fried turkey....it was so delicious!



This kid had a birthday on the 2nd. He is officially a teenager. 13....I can't believe it.  He has shot up this last year and is almost as tall as me. I give him few more months and I am sure I will be looking up at him. So handsome!

I love this picture. Two reasons: 1 becasue Joshua is always making some kind of funny face and 2 because of the One Direction gift bag in the background. Braeden thought he would be funny and wrap his gift in one of Kate's old gift bags.  Makes me smile. :)





No cake for this kids. He wanted a Sundae with every topping imaginable. Vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate, caramel, M&M's, crushed Oreo's, toffee bits, chocolate chips, gummy bears and worms, and whipped cream. YUM!


Sammy is just too cute. We love him!

The Young Women in my ward put together a food drive for one of their Wednesday night activities. Our ward was so generous. We collected so much food and other items. It was a huge success and the girls had so much fun while serving those in our community that are in need.

The ice started Thursday afternoon at about 2 pm and did not stop until Friday some time.  Everything is covered in 3 to 4 inches of ice. It has been so cold!  It is starting to thaw today so I am thinking the kids will be back in school tomorrow. Although I wouldn't mind one more day. :)






One more random....I don't usually like to share these kind of things. I like to keep them to myself but this morning as I got in the shower and it began to steam up this is what I saw. Best husband ever...its the little things like this that I love!



No comments: