Ok......so the weather men here in North Texas DO NOT know how to predict weather. Last night Cary and I were watching the news and the weather guy....(Ron Jackson to be exact from Fox 4 news) said it would be cold but mostly dry with a very, very slight possiblilty of snow flurries to the south but probably nothing to the North of the metroplex. Well, we woke up this morning with school being canceled and a white front yard. I have to say it was a very nice surprise and the kids were very excited. Snow does not happen very often here so when it does everything pretty much shuts down......IT'S "SNOW" MUCH FUN!!!
I've been wondering where you've been. Cute pictures. It's funny how the kids immediately want to sled. That is the first thing Jake and Jared did...and our neighbors tied their dog to their sled and had him pulling them up and down the street. I wish we'd gotten a bit more though =(
Yeah...I have been lazy lately. The snow was so much fun. I got tons and tons of pictures, some not so great though. Kate absolutely loved it. I love hot chocolate days!!
How fun! Kate looks so tall, is she? I have to laugh at the snow day though now being in Idaho. I have realized that they only plow about 2-3 of the roads in the whole city, every where else just has to deal with it I guess. I wonder what would constitute a snow day here, I am guessing if you are unable to get out the front door cause the snow is so high, that might do it. ha ha. The last snow the neighbors were out snowmobiling in the street. I personally am getting sick of the highs in the teens, it's way to cold!!
I know...here in Texas if you just mention snow and ice we freak out. People begin to panic and raid the grocery stores and stock up on food and water. You would think it was the end of the world. It's really kind of funny.
4 comments:
I've been wondering where you've been. Cute pictures. It's funny how the kids immediately want to sled. That is the first thing Jake and Jared did...and our neighbors tied their dog to their sled and had him pulling them up and down the street. I wish we'd gotten a bit more though =(
Yeah...I have been lazy lately. The snow was so much fun. I got tons and
tons of pictures, some not so great though. Kate absolutely loved it. I
love hot chocolate days!!
How fun! Kate looks so tall, is she? I have to laugh at the snow day though now being in Idaho. I have realized that they only plow about 2-3 of the roads in the whole city, every where else just has to deal with it I guess. I wonder what would constitute a snow day here, I am guessing if you are unable to get out the front door cause the snow is so high, that might do it. ha ha. The last snow the neighbors were out snowmobiling in the street. I personally am getting sick of the highs in the teens, it's way to cold!!
I know...here in Texas if you just mention snow and ice we freak out. People begin to panic and raid the grocery stores and stock up on food and water. You would think it was the end of the world. It's really kind of funny.
Post a Comment