Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Christmas Morning





Christmas morning was an adventure. Braeden was the first to get up and then of course Joshua was not far behind...........at 4:30. Santa Claus was very smart though and wrapped up the hallway with wrapping paper so that the kids could not get out to see what he had left behind. He left a note that said do not wake your parents until 6:30. Sadly, a few minutes later we were up anyway because Braeden was getting sick in the bathroom. His stomach started hurting really bad and he had stuff coming out both ends. It was not FUN!! I was so worried the rest of the day was going to be miserable. He sat in the bathroom for a while and then we went back to bed. The kids woke up again at about 6:00 but of course the note said do not wake your parents until 6:30 and I was way to tired after getting up and dealing with Braeden. So they want back to bed and slept until 7:30 when we all finally got up. Braeden seemed to be better ( we think his "illness" was from all the excitement) and the rest of the day was wonder full!!

2 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

We've been sick like that off and on, so I can feel for Braeden in that first picture (he looks miserable!) Great idea wrapping the hallway, I think we'll try that NEXT year (Jacob was up every 30 minutes...I started chanting in my sleep "not yet, go back to bed!")

Megan said...

Love the wrapping paper in the hallway idea! I might have to steal that!