Thursday, April 30, 2009
Should I be worried??
I am sure you have all heard of the Swine flu or N1H1 as it is now being called. Is to much being made of this or is it really something I should be worried about? Braeden says it's the hot topic at school....everywhere I go people are talking about it. I have always been big on washing my hands (just ask my kids) and I LOVE GermX. I keep a bottle of it in my purse. So what more can I do? I am not willing to wear a mask and or stay locked up in my home until this passes. I have recieved notes home from school, automated telephone messages, a call from the school nurse, emails about it, and of course the news can't get enough of it. A lot of places are even asking you to lather up with GermX before you enter. School Districts have closed down (not ours thankfully), the rest of soccer season has been canceled, activities are being asked to be put on hold or canceled all together.....But DON'T PANIC....we are being told.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, I can't believe they cancelled soccer season and other activities! Are there several confirmed cases in the area? I am generally not an alarmist, so I think it sounds like you are doing all that you can, without going crazy about it. Hopefully it will just kind of die out before it gets crazy!
ugh!! makes me want to get hte rest of my food storage together, that is for sure.
FYI-Tamiflu works on it... if that makes you feel better... and more people die every year from the regular flu. So keep up the hand washing, avoid public gatherings, blah, blah, blah, because no one wants to have to suffer through having the flu anyway!
Yes, the last thing we should do is panic. :)
Everybody run for your lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment