Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Joshua's first Phone call and more random stuff

The phone rang yesterday and I didn't recognize the name on the caller ID. I don't usually pick up if I don't know who it is but this person had called 3 times already. I picked up and said Hello and the little voice on the other end asked for Joshua. Joshua has never gotten a phone call before so I was taken by surprise. So, I called up to Joshua telling him he had a phone call and he came running down the stairs. It was funny to watch him and listen to his conversation. I think he was a little embarrassed, but he was super cute. The phone call lasted about 3 minutes. When he got off the phone I asked him who it was....it was Alex. I then asked him if Alex was a girl and he said, "NOOOO, Mom! Alex is a boy!" How was I suppose to know? The sweet little voice on the other end could have been a boy or a girl.



Mother's Day is a few days away so don't forget your Moms!! Braeden gave me an early Mother's Day card he made in Computer class at school. The inside of the card said, "Mom, you taught me so much even though I thought I knew everything already!!!!!!!!!!!" This is so Braeden....but it should have said,..."even though I THINK I know everything already!" Braeden is definitely my "know it all" kid, but I love him anyways!!

On a another note, I have a new favorite thing. Cary introduced me to a website called Pandora. It is an Internet radio site and I love it!! This is probably old news to some of you but we just discovered it. It plays ONLY the music you love. All you have to do is drop the name of one of your favorite songs or artists into Pandora and let the web site work for you. It will quickly scan its entire world of music to find songs with similarities to your choice. Then sit back and enjoy as it creates a play list designed just for your music tastes. You can create as many "stations" as you want. And you can even refine them. If you hear a song or an artist that you don't like then you click on a "thumb's down" tab and it will never play that song again. I love it!!

3 comments:

Tori Orgill said...

How cute!! Joshua is growing up too fast...and Braeden does know everything! Thanks for the info on Pandora, can't wait to try it out!!
P.S.
My dinner turned out pretty good last night...if I do say so myself!

Alicia said...

I'm so going to check out that website!!!

Thanks to the old man for being on the know!

Cary said...

HEY - I am current ... I've known about this website for years!! Just because you are stuck in the 90's with your NKOTB don't include me. ;-) But you know I love you!