Tuesday, December 13, 2011

ice skating

Kate's 3rd grade field trip was to the Dallas Stars center in Frisco. She was a little hesitant at first but warmed up pretty quickly and really wants to go ice skating again soon.




**When I was a teenager I always wanted a cute boy to take me ice skating. Romantic, right? When I was 18 that wish came true when Cary took me on a date to do exactly that. I had these visions in my head of what it would be like...you know, like it is in the movies. It was nothing like that. I hated it and clung to the railing the entire time. I vowed to never ice skate again....until Kate wanted me to not only go on her field trip with her but she really wanted me to ice skate. For her, I thought I would give it a try again. I put my skates on and stepped on to the ice. After a few minutes of slipping and sliding and trying to keep my balance I again realized that ice skating is NOT for me. I still hate it, but for Kate I would do almost anything. So, while she had fun with her friends gliding across the ice, I had just as much fun sitting in the stands watching her. And again, I promise to never go ice skating EVER again.

No comments: