Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A crazy bird, some crazy clothes, and reflections

While I was in the kitchen at my parent's house putting together some wedding favors I kept hearing a tap, tap on the window. I went to the window to see what it was.....waited for a few minutes and found that this crazy bird was doing the tapping. He kept running into the widow over and over again. He would go from running into the window, to the rocking chair, to the dinner bell. He followed this same routine repeatedly. I was able to snap this picture of him on one of his many runs...or flights. I think he may have damaged his brain.
This week is Drug Awareness week at school. Each day the kids are to wear something special to show their support and promise to stay drug free. On Tuesday it was "Drugs are Ridiculous"...so this is what Kate and Josh came up with.
At school the PTA is involved with a Reflections program. This is a contest where kids can showcase a Visual arts talent such as photography, painting, drawing, etc. Kate went back and forth on entering and finally decided a few days before the deadline to submit this picture. The theme for the contest is "Beauty is..." They had to explain in one or two sentences how their art goes with the theme. She wrote, "I love dogs. They are beautiful to me."

2 comments:

emblair said...

Love how Josh has two different shoes on. Mad props, buddy! And I'm digging the hair...

Tori Orgill said...

loooooove it! they are sooo cute all whacked out and i think that bird is beautiful but perhaps it should have attended drug week!! i love katelyn's dog picture...i swear if we lived next door elle and kate would be bff's...they are both sooooo into animals!