Monday, January 11, 2010

White Christmas

* still updating from Christmas Vacation

We went to bed on Christmas Eve with the beginning of ice turning into snow. This is what we woke up to on Christmas day. It was so beautiful and perfect for Christmas morning. This picture was taken from my mom's front door.
After opening gifts and a delicious breakfast of Belgium waffles with cream cheese and strawberries we headed out the door for some snow fun! Grandma even got in on the fun sledding down the hill with Kate.
The trek back up the hill....not so fun and a work out I might add.

I take all the pictures so I had to do a little photo session of my own in my borrowed Eskimo coat, gloves, boots, and scarf. Thanks Ashley!


There were several wipe outs.....
some done on purpose...
Kate coming down the hill with Dad

The boys tried some snow boarding..



We had lots of fun in the snow but I can only do so much. I am a warm weather girl and would much rather be sitting in the hot sun by the pool. While the snow is pretty for a few days it is obviously way to cold and begins to get really ugly after a few days. The snow stuck around for the entire time we in Missouri.....10 days! I was sick of it by the time we left. It doesn't help that we are never prepared for this kind of cold weather living in Texas. All we need for our Texas winters (usually) are a heavy sweater or a hoodie and some sweater gloves. All in all the kids has a great time and we did get a white Christmas.






2 comments:

Jeni said...

oh my gosh, that is beautiful! And kel, I love that pic of you!

emblair said...

That's a LOT of snow! And what an awesome hill your mom has. Perfect for sledding. Fun, fun!