Thursday, February 21, 2008
Yellow Day
Joshua came home today with his very first yellow day ever. For those of you who don't know what that means it's not a sunshiney, happy day. At school they have a color coded behavior system. Green is good. From there it goes from orange, yellow, red, and purple (your going to see the principal). Anyway, he was devasted. This is what the note from the teacher said, "Joshua changed his card today for not listening and paying attention when Ms. Farley ( student teacher) was teaching math. He was "cleaning out" his school box instead. He was upset and had tears about this, but recovered quickly. Also, he was not the only one to have to change his card today for this reason - several others changed their cards as well." Of course when I read this to him he says it wasn't his fault and that he was listening. All he was concerned about was that he ruined his perfect record. I told him that it really wasn't a big deal and that we all have yellow days every once in a while, and that tomorrow he could start all over with a green day. He felt much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well! I happen to be able to listen better when I'm keeping my hands busy!
Please tell Joshua that I think yellow is a pretty sunny, happy color personally!
Post a Comment