Thursday, July 10, 2008

Poor Guy :(

This is what Braeden did all day.......(the lump in the bed is him)




This is who he was suppose to spend the day with......
Braeden decided he wanted to play football this fall instead of soccer. We got him registered, and he started practice 2 weeks ago. He loves it but is a little apprehensive. There is a lot to learn and he is the "new guy" on the team. So to my above pictures.......last week he was told that he was picked to go to a camp put togther by Dallas Cowboy,Terrell Owens. He was so excited! It was a 2 day camp from 8:30 in the morning till 3:30 in the afternoon. I was a little nervous to send him but this opportunity doesn't come around very often. So, Yesterday morning we got up bright and early (5:45a.m.) to send him off to Duncanville. When he woke up he said his throat was sore, but I thought it was just because he might have slept with his mouth open. He had no fever so I sent him off with a hug and kiss and told him to have fun. When he got home last night he was beat. All the boys who attended fell asleep in the car on the way home. Braeden said it was so hard. He had a good time though and got to talk to T.O. He even got to try to catch a pass from him. He also saw Marion Barber and Sam Hurd, both Dallas Cowboys. He was so exhausted and his throat was killing him. We didn't think he would be able to go back today, but we told him we would make the decision in the morning. I went to wake him up this morning and he had a fever and his throat was hurting even worse. I felt so horrible for him. He wanted to go back so bad. Today was the day they were going to get pictures and autographs. He sobbed and sobbed. I don't think I have ever felt so bad for him. He wanted to go and just tough it out, but there was no way I could send him in 100 degree heat for 7 hours. He is still feeling bad, but a tiny bit better. Who knows, maybe he will get this opportunity again some day. (sorry for such a long post)

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh no, I know that he was crushed. I saw the news report last night on Channel 8 and looked for B. It looked liked a fun camp.

Kim said...

That is so sad. As terrible as he felt, I am sure that you felt ten times worse! I am sorry that he sick at the worst time ever. Hopefully, he will feel better soon!

Tori Orgill said...

I am so sorry for Braeden!! Tell him that Tori loves him and that he can have my autograph since I am in an awesome "rock band"! He will have the opportunity to have a camp for kids one day because he will be a pro football player because Braeden excels at whatever he does!! Give him a BIG hug for me!!
Tori

Megan said...

oh man, that just breaks a moms heart! What a huge disappointment. Hope he loves football, he will do great, he is a natural! Aidan wants to play this year, good thing is is still flag here, he would get crushed in a second with tackle.

Amanda Murdock said...

It's so hard as a mother to watch your kids face things like this. I am sorry for both of you. He is such an amazing young man. I miss your family.

Jeni said...

I am sooooo sad he couldn't go and get the autographs :( poor guy! I hope he feels better soon!