While at Epcot this year, his love for coins grew when he found a souvenir that had 12 different coins from 12 different countries. He had spent almost all his money when he came upon this treasure. It was 14 dollars and I think he only had about 9 left. So, Grandma feeling sorry for him pitched in the extra money and he was able to acquire these new coins. His collection has grown with coins that Cary gave him from Guatemala. He has even purchased some off of EBay. And most recently we took him to a coin shop and he was in heaven. He could have spent hours in there. He was able to find quite a few interesting coins to add to his collection. Here are a couple of pictures from our recent excursion.....
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Numismatist
Numismatist is what a person who collects coins is called. We have our very own. Joshua has become somewhat of a coin aficionado. I think it all started with a quarter map that I got before he was even born. For as long as I can remember he has loved that thing. We have been collecting all the state quarters for years and we are finally down to the last year. We only need 5 more quarters and our map is full.
While at Epcot this year, his love for coins grew when he found a souvenir that had 12 different coins from 12 different countries. He had spent almost all his money when he came upon this treasure. It was 14 dollars and I think he only had about 9 left. So, Grandma feeling sorry for him pitched in the extra money and he was able to acquire these new coins. His collection has grown with coins that Cary gave him from Guatemala. He has even purchased some off of EBay. And most recently we took him to a coin shop and he was in heaven. He could have spent hours in there. He was able to find quite a few interesting coins to add to his collection. Here are a couple of pictures from our recent excursion.....

While at Epcot this year, his love for coins grew when he found a souvenir that had 12 different coins from 12 different countries. He had spent almost all his money when he came upon this treasure. It was 14 dollars and I think he only had about 9 left. So, Grandma feeling sorry for him pitched in the extra money and he was able to acquire these new coins. His collection has grown with coins that Cary gave him from Guatemala. He has even purchased some off of EBay. And most recently we took him to a coin shop and he was in heaven. He could have spent hours in there. He was able to find quite a few interesting coins to add to his collection. Here are a couple of pictures from our recent excursion.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I used to LOVE to collect coins when I was little, but I never had any cool ones! Mostly just tokens and old pennies and random Mexican coins. :) Ha ha.
He must have been so excited to go to that coin shop!
I never knew that is what they are called!? Jared and his Dad are big coin collector's too! I have found some interesting one's on E-bay!
Post a Comment