Saturday, July 05, 2008

Delicious

My mom made this pound cake while I was in Missouri. It comes from a Paula Dean cook book. We made strawberry shortcake out of it and it was sooooooo good. I made it yesterday to take over to a friends house and it got rave reviews.

WARNING: It is very fattening....if you are even wondering how many calories are in this cake....turn away now!

Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 1/2 c. butter, soft....the real stuff, NOT MARGARINE
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, soft
3 c. sugar
6 eggs
3 c. flour
pinch of salt
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 in. bundt pan. Cream butter and cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Gradually add flour, until all is added. Add salt, vanilla, and almond extract. (I didn't have any almond extract so I used 2 t. of vanilla) Pour into bundt pan. Bake for 90 minutes. The cakes is done when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake on to wire rack and let cool completely.

1 comment:

Cary said...

This recipe is NO good!! After you make it, DO NOT TASTE IT!! Just bring it directly to our home and I will 'dispose' of it properly.