Just in case you didn't get enough treats this past weekend, here is a very yummy brownie recipe. It was in our Relief Society newsletter last month so I don't know who to give credit for it, but it is sooooo good!
1 box German chocolate cake mix
3/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 c. chocolate chips
1 bag individually wrapped caramels ( about 50)
1/3 c. evaporated milk
Mix together cake mix, melted butter and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Mix until well incorporated - it will be thick. Press half of batter into greased 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Meanwhile, melt caramels and 1/3 c. evaporated milk in saucepan (I just used the microwave) until creamy. When brownie is done, pour caramel on top. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of caramel. Dot remaining brownie mix on top of chips and caramel. Return to oven and bake for another 11 minutes. Let cool for an hour.
* I used a plain chocolate cake mix and less then half a cup of chocolate chips...and it was delicious!
2 comments:
UMMMM YUM!
Okay, Kelly, you gotta look at the newsletter... if you have any questions, comments, concerns, you contact... me! Haha. It's from me. One of my freshman roommates made it, and I found the recipe online (it's all over the place, so no credit is really possible.)
Post a Comment