Thursday, March 25, 2010

Holes in his pants, holes in his pants...looking like a fool with the holes in his pants

I love my Joshua. He is one of the funniest kids I know. He is sensitive, creative, cuddly, and he adores me.....

BUT this is what he does to his pants. Any and all pants. I don't know how he manages, but he does.

I would like to think I am a proactive mom in trying to prevent this from happening. I patch his pants from the inside to reinforce them from the very beginnings of a hole. I have even patched them when they are new, just because I know how harsh he is on them. This morning as I was getting his clothes for him to get dressed he had absolutely no pants without any holes in them. I thought for sure there had to be just one, but no. I pulled pants after pants out of his drawer with no such luck. I could not send him to school looking like a rag-a-muffin. So, I went to the attic and starting digging through Braeden's old clothes to see if there was anything worth wearing. Down in the bottom of one bucket I found a pair of jeans. Size 12...too big and he still looked like an urchin, but it was way better then any of his other pants he had to wear. Poor kid....I guess we are going shopping this weekend.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Send him to school with holes in his pants today, then patches tomorrow.

Alicia said...

Here you go!
http://pickupsomecreativity.blogspot.com/2010/03/made-inspired-knee-pads.html

Tori Orgill said...

moooooooooom, don't you know that holes are COOL!

emblair said...

Wow, you weren't kidding! You need to get him some toughskins (if they still make 'em)...that's all Jeremy was allowed to wear when he was a kid.