Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What's been goin' on..

I have been consumed the last few weeks with getting ready for our Youth Pioneer trek so the blog has been somewhat neglected. The trek is over now and I am finally back to "normal life". It took me a few days to recover, but here I am. I have had several things I wanted to blog about so I decided to make one mass post. So here it goes.....

We have done several school projects. One on the great state of Texas, one on how Taco Bell hot sauce can clean pennies, and one (not pictured) on static shock. So glad to have all these done.


Kate has a million animals. I am not exaggerating. One day I found this up in her room. She lined a few of them up to play school. Notice the black stallion at the front of "the class". That's Black Beauty. She was the teacher.

I was invited to an Oscar party a few weeks back. Heather always out does her self. It was a lot of fun, but the Oscars were way to long. We even walked the red carpet.

We have had several Den Meetings in the last few weeks. From baking cookies, to learning about tools, to going over the Bobcat trail....loads of fun! (wink, wink) I still need to post a pic of me in my very stylish Scout shirt. :)

Last but not least....my garage. This is how it looks today. When I got home from the trek on Saturday the tents, sleeping bags, tarps, dutch ovens, and myself were covered in mud. So our garage has become the clean up/drying area for all this stuff. The trek was hard....very hard, but I would do it all over again. I saved the amazing details for my "real journal". I may post on it more later...but this is all you get for now.

2 comments:

Tori Orgill said...

wow...you have been busy!! looks like you have been having fun though! i miss you and so i will need to find a weekend to come visit!! love you!

emblair said...

Hot sauce cleaning pennies...cool. And Kate is adorable. Molly does the same thing with her millions of animals!