Friday, January 21, 2011

backfired

Last night Joshua was taking entirely to long in the shower so I threatened him with a glass of ice cold water poured over the top of his head if he didn't hurry up...well, that completely backfired. This is how the conversation went after he had been in the shower way longer then he needed to be:

me: Joshua, you are taking way to long..hurry up
few minutes later
me: Josh, I said hurry up..you should be done by now
few minutes later
me: Josh, if you don't hurry up I am going to pour a big glass of cold water over your head
Josh: OK! do it...do it!
me: Josh! It is not suppose to work that way...you are suppose to hurry up and want to get out so that I won't pour a glass of cold water on your head.
Josh: Please, Mom! Please pour a glass of cold water on my head and then I promise I will get out....

What is wrong with this kid???

*another quick story about Josh....Again, last night we were reading scriptures together as a family. It was Joshua's turn to read. He started reading in 1 Nephi Ch 17 v. 12..it says, "For the Lord had not hitherto suffered that we should make much fire....". Joshua read it as, "For the Lord had not hit-her-to...". Ha ha ha!

This kid continues to crack me up on a daily basis...oh, how I love him!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you hate when the threats don't work! haha As I was reading I could totally hear your voice and tone telling him that. Kind of laughing while saying so. :) I'm so thankful the Lord did not hit that woman too in the scripture! So funny. I love kids.