Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rabbit Rescuer



One day last week I went into the garage to take the trash out and as soon as I closed the lid to the trash can a rabbit darted out across the garage. It freaked me out! So, I ran inside and shut the door. When Cary got home he looked all over but couldn't find it. We figured it must of gotten out. The next morning Cary went back into the garage and found rabbit pellets everywhere. We again looked for it but could not find it. We put some carrots out for it and would go check periodically. The carrots would be gone but no rabbit, just more pellets. When Braeden got home from school he was determined to find the rabbit. He looked in, under, and around everything. He moved boxes, tools, and junk until he found the rabbit. He was actually close to our door that enters into the laundry room. That rabbit was so hard to catch, but Braeden did not give up. He used a mop and made a trap with a box. The rabbit jumped into the box, then quickly jumped out of the box and out into the yard. (He was so quick that I couldn't get a picture) Braeden was very proud of himself.

1 comment:

Leisha Mareth said...

That is so cute. I'm glad Braeden found it! We have a lot of rabbits in our yard too.