Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm Goin' Campin'

I am leaving to go to girls camp tomorrow. I don't know if you can technically call it camping, but it is about as out doorsy as I want to be. I am so excited though! We have lots of fun things planned and I always have a blast with the girls. Here are some of the things I have been working on for camp......

This is a handout for the devotional I have to give. The camp theme is "Once Upon a Time". My friend, Emily, found me these tiny wands and I came up with the rest(well...with some help from my mom). This is what it says, "Magic is everywhere if you know where to look, but if you are only watching for a Genie in a lamp or a Fairy Godmother with a magic wand you're probably missing a whole lot of magic. There's more to magic than pixie dust or bibbidi-bobbidi-boo. WE can find something truly magical by living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This true "magic" is found by living your life the very best way you can, by staying true to yourself, and by being good to others. And most of all it comes from remembering who you are.....a daughter of your Heavenly Father with unlimited potential and Divine Worth." It turned out so cute!!

These are secret sister gifts for girls who forget to bring their own. We don't want anyone left out.......I love the Dollar Tree for this kind of stuff.
These are just a fun hand out to put on the girls bunk beds. We love to put little treats here and there when they are least expecting it. This one says, "Yoo-hoo"......You are "EXTRA" special!!! And of course, I put a chocolate Yoo-hoo and a pack of Extra gum. I hope they like it! :)

3 comments:

emblair said...

LOVE all the handouts! They really really did turn out super cute! I'll see ya bright and early tomorrow...we're going to have such a good time!!

Alicia said...

Great job! I hope you guys have fun!!

Leisha Mareth said...

So cute, I love the wands. I don't envy you going to girl's camp, but I remember how much fun I had making all the goodies and handouts! If the girls are anything like I was I kept all of my goodies like that for years!