Monday, September 15, 2008

Stake Conference


We had a "special" stake conference yesterday. Elder Russel M. Nelson was in attendance and gave a wonderful talk. Braeden was super excited about it. The session started at 10a.m. and we got there at 8:45 thinking we might get a half way decent seat. We still ended up in the gym in the hard chairs. Braeden was upset about that, but with 1,939 people there we were closer then most. Cary had Braeden and Joshua take their journals and record their thoughts. I was really impressed with what they wrote down. Here is a look into the mind of a 7 year old and his 10 year old brother..............

Joshua: First we sang a song and it was loud and wierd. Next we heard President Roberts and he said that when Jesus Christ was sacrificed that he had a crowen(crown) made out of thorns. then we heard a talk from president Alleman about mishinerey(missionary) work and when these people talk about Golden Nugits (nuggets). Next the choir sang a song and it was loud but butifll(beautiful). Then we heard from elder Martino and he said that a teenager Sgrugol (struggled) with Spanish but he did not cumplane(complain) for two years.

Braeden: It's still an hour 'till we start and I'm already feeling the spirit! I'm so excited to see Russell M. Nelson from the quorum of the twelve speak.............Elder Nelson has entered the room, and I learned that whenever a general authority enters a room , your supposed to stand up........If we all listen to the prophet there would be no bad things in the world........It is a huge blessing to be forgiven of our sins..........We can chase darkness away from others by telling them about the gospel........Whenever you look in the mirror, don't look at the freckles or pimples or warts. Just know that you are a son of god.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

I am crying, no joke, tears are coming down my face. That was really neat, thank you for sharing those entries!

by the way, there were 1900 people there, not just 1300!

emblair said...

I love how Josh said the song was loud and weird. Cute! And that's cool that you had them write down their thoughts...what a great thing for them to have and read as they get older.

Angel Rogers said...

What good boys and what a good mama and daddy!

Wallace Family said...

I have such awesome and sweet nephews. I love you boys so much. I look forward to watching conference. I hope you are too! Tara

Ashlyn Stephenson said...

What a truly special day for them! A day they will always remember. Its amazing to me how much they know already. Its wonderful that they brought their journals and wrote down their thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing.

Leisha Mareth said...

I love them. Braeden feeling the Spirit an hour before it started? Um, wow.