Joshua had a great birthday. He requested a chocolate cake covered in white frosting with chocolate chips. I also put together a scavenger hunt for him to find his birthday gifts. It went like this:
Today is your birthday and we have some gifts for you, but in order to receive them you must first read this clue: Gift #1 is under your bed. Open it up and see what it says.
Gift #2 is waiting for you in the hall closet where we keep the glue.
Gift #3 is under the tree. Next to the window.....I guarantee.
Are you getting annoyed yet or ready for more? Gift #4 is in Mom's top drawer.
Gift #5 is somewhere up high. It's in the attic where it's a pig sty.
Gift #6 is somewhere outside. Open the mailbox and look deep inside.
Just one more gift and then you will see all your hard work will give you great glee. It's hidden somewhere you'd never expect. Think really hard and soon you'll collect. The gift you've been wanting for a really long time is hidden in the place where Dad keeps his dimes.
The kids loved the scavenger hunt so much. I decided to do this because Joshua really wanted a Nintendo DS. He has wanted one for probably a year now. We told him that since they are so expensive that if this is what he got that it would be the only thing he got. I wrapped each of the clues up like gifts so it felt like he had more presents to open. It was really lots of fun.
Today is your birthday and we have some gifts for you, but in order to receive them you must first read this clue: Gift #1 is under your bed. Open it up and see what it says.
Gift #2 is waiting for you in the hall closet where we keep the glue.
Gift #3 is under the tree. Next to the window.....I guarantee.
Are you getting annoyed yet or ready for more? Gift #4 is in Mom's top drawer.
Gift #5 is somewhere up high. It's in the attic where it's a pig sty.
Gift #6 is somewhere outside. Open the mailbox and look deep inside.
Just one more gift and then you will see all your hard work will give you great glee. It's hidden somewhere you'd never expect. Think really hard and soon you'll collect. The gift you've been wanting for a really long time is hidden in the place where Dad keeps his dimes.
The kids loved the scavenger hunt so much. I decided to do this because Joshua really wanted a Nintendo DS. He has wanted one for probably a year now. We told him that since they are so expensive that if this is what he got that it would be the only thing he got. I wrapped each of the clues up like gifts so it felt like he had more presents to open. It was really lots of fun.
2 comments:
I know that cake was good.
Wow, your cake looked AMAZING! (And I'm not just saying that.) I love the scavenger hunt clues. I did that with John one year for Valentine's Day and he was so ready to kill me by the time he found his REAL present. It'll be fun when my kids get old enough to do that again. Way to go, Martha!
Post a Comment