This morning while I was bathing Kate we had this conversation:
Kate: Who is the Lord?
me: Heavenly Father
Kate: oh yeah, I forgot....(thinking)....Does everyone know Jesus?
me: Well, some people don't believe in Him.
Kate: Every night when I am in my bed I pray and tell Heavenly Father that I believe in Jesus.
me: That is really good. That makes me happy to hear.
Kate: I love Jesus and I know he loves me.
me: You're right, He does love you very much.
Kate: Jesus is our older brother.
me: Yep, and just like your Dad is your father here on Earth.....Heavenly Father is your Father in Heaven.
Kate then went right back to playing with her alligators.
I love these kinds of conversations with my children. They sometimes come at the most random times, but it makes me so happy to know that they are thinking about the things that we teach them and are building little testimonies of their own. This conversation I had with Kate this morning was just another confirmation to me of how much our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ do indeed love each of us.
1 comment:
She is such a sweet girl with a sweet heart. And our favorite toys in the tub are alligators too!
Post a Comment