Today I was released from my calling at church. I served for almost 4 years with the Young Women in my ward. That is a long time as far as callings go. It was very busy at times and the Young Women were always on my mind. They truly had become a part of my life in a way that I never imagined that they would. I had so much fun with them and loved hearing about their teenage dramas. We shared secrets, inside jokes, crushes, creepers, and so much more. It warmed my heart today to see many of them waiting with tears in their eyes to give me huge hugs. I hope that in some small way that I have been an example to them and that I have taught them the love that I have for my Savior. These girls will never be forgotten by me as they have been an example, and friend, and have had a great impact on my own life.
I was never one of those people who when asked, "What is your favorite calling?" had an answer. I always enjoyed the calling I was in at the moment, but never had a favorite....until today. I have loved working with these young girls so much!! And so even though I know it was the right change...today I am a little bit sad.
7 comments:
I know how much it meant to you, sorry babe.
I cried when I got released from yw, it is such a great calling. I am sure you did an awesome job! Someday you will be back I am sure of it!
i cried when i got released from yw last month. it is such a hard calling to walk away from and trust someone else to take care of your babies! i had most of my girls from the time they were achievement day girls and i was their leader...it is so sad.
i KNOW that you have made an impact on these girls. you are such an amazing example to everone! i love you too much!
ohh my gosh, i cried when brian told me the news!
you were an amazing leader sexy j. and you know even though you are old (haha) the girls will always love you!
I know how you feel. Your calling in young women is a part of who you are. Each time I was released from yw someone would tell me the "gold box" story and how it was never ours to keep but that the dust from the gold box rubs off on us forever. I always wanted to keep the gold box! You were so amazing in your calling. The yw love you! I am grateful for the time I was able to serve with you in that capacity too Kell! What is your new calling? Love you lots!
A lot bit sad. *sniff, sniff*
And you know those sniffs are real. So glad I could have someone like you to experience every bit of it with. You are more than amazing. Love you!
I have to second Emily and say that you are more than amazing, cuz it's true. You have so much love for these girls that I'm left in awe... seriously. One of my personal goals over the next few months is to really try to focus on the girls. I want to have that same love and relationship with them that you and Emily do.
And you know that those girls love you so much... don't doubt it. When they're old and serving in YW someday they're going to use you and Emily as their examples for righteous leaders who magnified their callings and made a difference in their lives. And why? Because you're "more than amazing." :)
Post a Comment