Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I am making myself do this...

I haven't been into blogging lately, but we took a spur of the moment - get away from everything for a weekend - trip....so I thought I better document it.

Friday afternoon we headed down south to take the kiddos to Sea World. They didn't know...it was a total surprise. We loaded them up in the car with bags in hand not knowing where they were going. We played a little game of 20 questions to figure out our destination. It was fun! Once they found out they were super excited, especially Kate.



One of my favorite moments...feeding the dolphins. They are so cute and smart and they always look like they have permanent smiles on their faces. I am adding swim with dolphins to my "bucket list". :)



Next up, petting a baby alligator. He was super soft. I can see how he would make a nice pair of shoes or hand bag, but of course I would never do such a thing.

Loved the roller coaster!! Joshua and Braeden rode twice. We couldn't get Kate to get on it. It was a good one!

There were Halloween scenes all over Sea World. Pumpkins, scarecrows, skeletons, and more...





This kid continues to crack me up everyday. There is never a dull moment when Joshua is around.



This is as close as we got to the water log ride. We didn't want to get wet.....yeah, we're wimps.

Going along with the Halloween theme...headless penguins. Who knew? :)

This was the kids favorite show. The sea lions and walrus were very funny.

But I love Shamu!! We saw him twice. Once during the day with the "Believe" show and then in the evening for a special Halloween edition.
It was an exhausting day, but a very nice get away from our busy, hectic lives to just be together and to have some fun.













3 comments:

Jeni said...

So fun! I love that you are in the action just as much as the kids!

Tori Orgill said...

love it...and i DID swim with the dolphins on my honeymoon...it's incredible...definitely a worthy bucket list goal!

emblair said...

Glad you guys had such a great trip!!