Our kids: Tyler, Kiley, Riley, Laurel, Landon, Jared, and Thomas. We had the most awesome kids. They were so kind and well mannered. They were hard workers and did not complain one time. I love them!!
Along the trail we kept smelling onions. Sure enough there were wild onions growing. Thomas and Jared were determined to pick every one along the way. Thomas even had a few as a snack.
I didn't see Braeden to often. So I had to snag a quick pic. I totally look like a tired pioneer woman. :)
The water at the river crossing was deeper than I expected it to be and it was soooooo cold.
Before we set out on our trek each family was asked to make a flag. Our kids came up with our family motto: #YOTO - You Only Trek Once. I thought it turned out super cute. By the end of trek they added "EAT OUR DUST" to our flag because they were always so fast. They were racing other handcarts at one point and passing other families up all the time. We were actually the very first handcart that made it to Zion.
As tiring and hard as it was we had a great time with lots of learning experiences along the way. Being my second trek, I told Cary that I would never be doing this ever again. But to be honest, if I was asked again there is no way I could say no. We have the most incredible youth and any opportunity I can be with them I am totally in. I count it an honor and a privilege to serve with them.









No comments:
Post a Comment