Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pinewood Derby 2008

Last night was the annual pinewood derby for the cub scouts. Braeden absolutely loves participating in it. The first year he entered he didn't do very well. It was his first time, of course, and he just wanted to make the car that was pictured on the box of the car kit. Last year he did some research on the Internet and his car won the whole thing. This year he wanted to use the exact same car, but Cary wouldn't let him. So, he got back on the computer and researched again and found a new design. He tied for first with another Scout. They raced and re-raced but they never could determine a winner. I was thankful for that. The other scout was almost in tears....so it was a good thing it ended in a tie. Braeden loves competition of any kind and he was sooooo excited!



3 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

That is a sweet looking car! I love the award. I also love the poses the boys are all making with their cars. such goofballs. =)

emblair said...

Pretty cool looking car! Love the color too. And I'm not surprised that he tied for first...he's always so good at everything! Congrats Braeden!

Jeni said...

Love this post! Thanks for the great pictures, I am proud of all of my boys! hehe But really Braedens car was the coolest!