Friday, October 17, 2008

Childhood Favorite

When I was little my mom would make me and my sisters German Pancakes for breakfast on occasion. We loved them so much! I had completely forgotten about them after I got married. I didn't have the recipe and my mom wasn't around to make them for me anymore.

While my sister, Tara, was here over the summer she wanted to make us some breakfast. She asked if my kids liked German Pancakes and, of course, they had never tried them because I had forgotten about them. So she whipped us up a batch. They brought back so many good memories. (It is funny how food a can do that) They have now become one of Joshua and Braeden's favorite.

Here is the recipe if any of you want to try:
6 eggs
1 c. milk
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
4 T. butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating put butter in a 9x13 inch pan and place in oven to melt. Beat eggs and milk together. Whisk in flour and salt. Pour batter in pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. The pancakes will get really big and puffy, especially around the edges. Serve with powder sugar or maple syrup.

No comments: