Friday, October 03, 2008

Remember These?


If you are around my age you will probably remember these padded notebooks. They were huge in the early 90's (I can't believe I just said that) The one pictured above is one that I made when I was around 13 or 14. Cutesy fabric, gigantic lace, and of course a picture of my favorite New Kid on the Block.....ugh! I found it in my memory box the other day while looking for my old Personal Progress stuff. I thought that maybe I could update it and then maybe the Young Women in my ward might want to make one for an activity. So here is what I came up with:

I think it turned out so cute! I love it and so did my Young Women!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

It DID come out cute!

emblair said...

LOVE it!! Soooo stinkin' cute! So, did you show the girls your New Kids one too?!

Jeni said...

cute!!

Tori Orgill said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!! I remember mine from when we made them as teenagers!! YUCK!! But you have definately made an improvement!!

Leisha Mareth said...

Totally adorable. And p.s. those were popular starting in the early 80's! My sister and Mom had a big craft day at our house one day with all her friends and there were glue sticks, tacky lace and albums galore! Good times.

Ku'ulei said...

K, you KNOW I LOVE, LOVE this print and color scheme!! The girls must have loved it. I do. :P

Sweet NKOTB pict!