
I was really in the mood last night for some yummy soup and homemade bread. The cold weather does that to me. So I went to allrecipes and once again found this very delicious potato soup. It was so easy to make and done in 30 minutes.
3 bacon strips, diced
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbs. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 c. chicken broth
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 c. half and half
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
cheddar cheese
In large sauce pan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 Tbs. of bacon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, half and half and Tabasco sauce; heat through but do no boil. Garnish with bacon and cheddar cheese.
I made a few changes to the recipe...I used turkey bacon instead of "real" bacon. I also did not have any half and half so I used a small amount of heavy cream and just mixed it with regular milk. I also just mixed the bacon into the pot of soup and did not garnish with cheddar cheese. It was sooooo good and definitely a soup I will make again.
No comments:
Post a Comment