Tuesday, March 20, 2012

didn't last long enough

Spring break has come to an end and it didn't last long enough. It never does. This time last year we were at Walt Disney World. This time around we decided to stay closer to home and just hang out. We still kept busy and the week was gone before we knew it.

On Monday, Braeden and Joshua made quite a bit of money by helping a family in our ward clean out their garage. They worked all day long and actually had fun. The weather was beautiful that day so Cary, Kate, and I worked in the yard.

On Tuesday, Braeden had some friends over to play games and watch movies...and eat. Man, can teenagers eat. I wish I could eat like that.

On Wednesday we just ran errands to get Braeden ready for his camp out. The kids and I also enjoyed a nice lunch out, courtesy of Sams pizza counter. :)

On Thursday we got Braeden off to camp and Joshua, Kate, and I went to see the Lorax. The kids loved it and I love Dr. Seuss. I found a new favorite quote from the movie: "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

On Friday and the pinnacle of the week for the kids, we met up with Braeden's scout troop and camped over night. The weather was so perfect. We hiked during the day, played some Frisbee, had chicken fajitas for dinner, and enjoyed being outdoors.







My family loves to camp...minus me. This was the first time other than girls camp that I have been camping. I actually enjoyed myself. My favorite things: hiking and the smores. My least favorite things: sleeping on the ground and the bathroom situation. I would actually do it again though. :)

Now we are counting down until school is out for summer. We can make it!!

No comments: