We love our new back yard, but we have found that we have all kinds of creepy things lurking around. I guess since we have a huge field behind us and the lake isn't very far that it is to be expected. WE had our first snake about 4 or 5 days after we moved in. The kids thought it was great. I on the other hand was scared. It moved into a wood pile that was left by the previous owners and stayed there until Cary got home and could catch it. We think it was a rat snake but we aren't sure. We have had rabbits, and tiny little toads, spiders of all kinds, and tons of mosquito's. Kaitlyn loves the frogs. She would stay outside all day if I allowed her to, but it gets to hot and the mosquito's love her. I heard that moth balls will keep the snakes away (I haven't tried it yet) and calling the bug man is on our list of things to do. Until then Braeden, Joshua, and Kate will continue to pretend they are in the Amazon hunting for creepy crawling things. Yuck!
Hi Kelly I love the house and the back yard wow. A friend of mine has snakes in her backyard and she has her bug man come and spray some "Snake be gone". however the rain will wash it away so they have to do it alot in the spring. Let me know if you want more info on it. Congratulations on the new CASA
Okay that would totally freak me out! Not a snake lover here. The small frogs/toads and spiders I can deal with, but snakes, no! Your house looks wonderful, and so does the back yard. I am having a hard time picturing where it is at with that view though, is it in the newer area of the town? Good luck with all the unpacking and settling. It is so much easier to go from small to big, not like we just did. ug!
3 comments:
Hi Kelly I love the house and the back yard wow. A friend of mine has snakes in her backyard and she has her bug man come and spray some "Snake be gone". however the rain will wash it away so they have to do it alot in the spring. Let me know if you want more info on it. Congratulations on the new CASA
Okay that would totally freak me out! Not a snake lover here. The small frogs/toads and spiders I can deal with, but snakes, no! Your house looks wonderful, and so does the back yard. I am having a hard time picturing where it is at with that view though, is it in the newer area of the town? Good luck with all the unpacking and settling. It is so much easier to go from small to big, not like we just did. ug!
Love the house (we have those same porch chairs), love the yard, hate the snake. NO thank you.
Post a Comment