Sunday, May 18, 2008

Epcot

Last, but not least we went to Epcot. We only spent one day here and again we needed at least two. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy Epcot because everyone I have talked to has mixed reviews about it. I loved it though. There aren't as many rides like at Magic Kingdom but there is still so much do and see and learn. I would really love to go back with just Cary and explore the countries more. Maybe for our 15th anniversary in a couple of years......

We had to get a picture in front of the huge "golf ball" as Kate liked to call it.

There was a flower show going on at Epcot while we were there. We didn't get to walk through it, but there was still flowers all over the place. There were tons of good places to take pictures.

Kate was amazed by this fountain. She could have sat there for hours.

Epcot has amazing aquariums. This one was just outside the Nemo ride. We also saw a show called, Turtle Talk with Crush. It was really cute. It was an audience participation show and the kids thought it was hilarious. They learned when and how to say Dude, Sweet, and Right on!!
Fish are friends....not food!




Believe it or not Epcot is where we met most of the Disney characters. Joshua got lots of autographs for his souvenir book. Grandma even got it on the action with Goofy.
These dummies were hanging out at the Test Track. We had to force Braden on to this ride, but as soon as it was over he wanted to get back on. He couldn't get enough of it.
This picture was taken in the World Showcase. I lost track of which country it is. There was so much to do and see here but we ran out of time and energy. There was so many different kinds of food and drinks, shops, and attractions that it is almost over whelming.
Throughout all of the parks they have topiaries of all the different Disney Characters. Kate really wanted this picture with Pluto. He was her favorite until she met Mickey.
The kids were so tired that we didn't stay for Illuminations. I know we missed something fantastic but they were worn out. I am sure we will catch it on another trip. One of the kids favorite ride was called Living with the Land. I was so surprised by this. It is a 13 and half minute boat ride that takes you through the rain forest and Disney's greenhouses. I was surprised to see all the fruit and veggies that are grown there. They had tomatoes growing up in the air instead of in pots or in the ground. They also had actual pumpkins shaped as Mickey's head. Not only was it educational but it was actually fun. The kids loved it. That's all they could talk about that day.
Side Note: I promise only a few more posts about our Disney trip and I will move onto something else......:)

3 comments:

Megan said...

You definitely can't do everything! I think that is all part of their plan to get you to come back again! We love Epcot too, but it definitely takes lots of time to do. I told Mitch when we go back it will be for 10 days so we have enough time for two days at the parks and some total rest days in between. Not sure was thrilled with that thought though. ha ha.

Leisha Mareth said...

So cute! All the pics are great. My brother and his family used to live in Orlando and we would go to Disney World all the time. I loved Epcot too.

P.S. I love your Mom's gold Mickey shirt and matching sandals...she totally does Disney in style!

emblair said...

Love the one of Cary and Kate inside the shark!