Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hollywood Studios

I have decided to post pictures by park. So, Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios) is first. I really think that you need at least two days in each park to do everything you want to. We spent a day and half here and didn't get to everything.
Welcome to Hollywood Studios

The first ride we did was Star Tours. It was a simulated ride and one of Joshua's favorites. He loves Star Wars. We could not get Kate to join us, although I think she really would have liked it if she would have given it a try....... it really is tame enough for small children. Here is CP3O working for a galactic travel agency. So fun!

This was one of the boys most favorite shows....Indiana Jones stunt show. We were lucky to get in because it was standing room only. Kate had her ears covered the whole time. It was really loud and you could feel the heat coming from the flames. Totally a boy thing.

This is more my speed. We didn't catch the show which Cary was really happy about, but we did get a glimpse of it as they traveled down Hollywood Boulevard. I love High School Musical!!

This is a must see if you ever go to Hollywood Studios, even Cary enjoyed it. All of the actors were so good. Beauty and the Beast is another of my favorites.




Joshua enjoying a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar. If you look in the distance you can see The Hollywood Tower of Terror. It takes you up 157 feet and then drops 13 stories several times. Braeden and Joshua loved this ride. Josh said it really wasn't that scary. I have to disagree with him. Riding it once was enough for me.


This is also a must see show. Every night before park closing they have Fantasmic. It was so cool! I think it was my favorite night time show we saw. A lot of the Disney characters are in this show along with fireworks, lasers, and fountains. It's about Mickey's dream and then it turns into a nightmare....and then of course there is a happily ever after. It was amazing!





Some of our other favorites were the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, and the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show. There was so much more to do. Next time we will definitely catch the Muppet 3D show and the Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

3 comments:

emblair said...

I love how you're doing a new post about your trip each day. Fun! And that vacation home...what a fabulous idea!

Ashlyn Stephenson said...

This looks like the best family vacation ever! So fun! Totally for kids, but the adults love it too! I love all the pictures!

Tori Orgill said...

OMGosh!! It looks like yall had a BLAST!! I am so glad!! I bet you were just TIRED when you got home huh? The Vay-k house looked awesome! One day Joe will graduate and we can go on a fun trip like that...one day....
I need to come on a trip to TEXAS!!I miss you and I want to see your new home..and you need to come here and see mine!!
Love ya sister girl!!