Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grateful


I went to the temple today while the kids were in school. It is so great that we have a temple so close by. When I was teenager we lived in Oklahoma City and I remember waking up really early in the morning on a Saturday to drive the 3 or 4 hours to attend the temple. It was lots of fun, but I remember thinking that it took forever to get there. I really take the temple for granted and don't go as often as I should. As I was sitting through the temple session today I was reminded of how blessed I am. I don't know why I was thinking about this in this particular session but I am really thankful for all that I have. I am especially grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us sooooo much!! I know that he knows each of us and is aware of what we need. I really felt the spirit strongly today and I felt an overwhelming feeling of love and I am especially grateful for that!!

2 comments:

Tori Orgill said...

You are so amazing and such an inspiration to me. I need to go to the temple more often as well. And lately...especially with all that is happening in our family...I too have had the confirmation that our Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ know us individually and love us eternally. Isn't that so comforting! I love you!

Jeni said...

YOu are lucky to have your kids in school and you can go whenever! Although you probably went with the ward huh... dangit, I ment to go to that!