Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A Really Long Post

We are home from Missouri, the Christmas decorations are down, the kids are back in school, and the Longhorns won their bowl game. The holidays are officially over. We had a wonderful Christmas with family and rang in the New Year with our good friends, the Flores. It is now time to get back into the swing of things but before I do here are a lot of pictures from our holiday extravaganza.....in no particular order......

My Mom's beautiful Christmas tree filled with gifts for all the grandkids

The cousins had so much fun playing together....from air hockey, to Wii, to jumping on the trampline and so much more!!
On Christmas day we played pictionary and sang karaoke. It was so much fun, especially the karaoke. I didn't think I would like it, but we were all singing at the top of our lungs.




Cary and Joshua started to put together this 1,000 piece puzzle. Joshua got bored and left Cary to do it on his own. I jumped in several times but got to frustrated. We never did finish it.

Braeden in his cool new hoodie and shoes. He is so proud of his new shoes that he hasn't worn them until today and he keeps them in the box they came him. He is such a nerd, but we love him anyway!!
We have a tradition to go out to dinner every Christmas Eve. All 18 of us were there....well, minus my Dad who is in Kuwait. We had our own room so that was so nice with all the grand kids. The food wasn't that great but the company was.


Joshua and Grandma's dog, Oscar, just chillin'.

Kate's favorite outfit of all time. I don't know how many times she has worn this thing since she got it. I could not pry the boots off of her feet on Christmas day. Of course, this is what she chose to wear to school today minus the boots because she has PE. She guaranteed me that she would be wearing them tomorrow when she has computers.

Braeden with his prized possession.....his Primary Children's songbook. He only had two things on his Christmas list and this was one of them. The other was slippers.
Me, my mom, and my sister Ashley sipping hot chocolate on Christmas morning.


Kate was so surprised by this gift. She got a gameboy. It was a used one that was her cousins. Kate didn't seem to notice that...which is great. Her favorite game is the Strawberry Shortcake game that came with it.

I love this picture of Joshua. His expression is priceless. We had told him before Christmas that Santa Claus sometimes brings things that we don't necessarily want but need. Joshua is forever getting holes in his pants. He is becoming really expensive to dress. So Santa took this in to consideration and got him some jeans. When Joshua opened up the gift he was so funny.....the picture says it all.

First look at all the Christmas loot...

My Mom and my niece Camille

Opening gifts from Grandma and Grandpa on Christmas Eve

My sister Ashley with the kids. She got the boys gift cards to Walmart and Kate got a poster of the Jonas brothers and some pocket puppies.

My sister Ashley with her boyfriend Clay. On Christmas Eve we called my Dad and this is Clay asking my Dad if he can marry my sister....so sweet!!!

Me and my beautiful sisters.....why is it that I always look like the fat sister??......not fair!!
Well, that is a condensed version of our holidays...I hope everyone had as much fun as we did and is home safe and happy.... (I am having such a problem with blogger and spacing and order...so hopefully you can read through this mess and it makes some sense......)


















1 comment:

emblair said...

Kelly, Kelly-- Whatever!! You are so NOT the fat sister. As Kate always tells you, you are beautiful! And your little sis is engaged...very exciting. Looks like you guys had lots and lots of fun, but we're glad to have you back! And I loved Kate's boots last night. Super cute.