Kaitlyn had her very first soccer game yesterday. She is playing for the TC Hounds. She was so excited. On the way to the soccer fields she could not stop talking about the game. She had so many questions and ideas of what the game might be like. The Hounds were up against the Pixies and she wondered what color the other team might be. Her guess was purple and she was right. She kept saying I wonder if we are going to beat them. Her thought was that Pixies are tiny and Hounds are big dogs so of course, her team would beat them. Then Joshua reminded her that Pixies have magic.
Cary and I were "coaching" her on some of the things that she needed to do during the game. We were reminding her of where she needed to line up on kick off and which way her goal was. We were telling her that she needed to go to the ball and try to get it from the the other team. She said to me, "Now, we are friends with the other team, right? We aren't fighting are we? We are just having fun." I think she was concerned with hurting the other teams feelings. She is such a girl in that way and so completely opposite of my boys who are all about knocking someone down and winning. She did a great job though and I am so proud of her.
Cary and I were "coaching" her on some of the things that she needed to do during the game. We were reminding her of where she needed to line up on kick off and which way her goal was. We were telling her that she needed to go to the ball and try to get it from the the other team. She said to me, "Now, we are friends with the other team, right? We aren't fighting are we? We are just having fun." I think she was concerned with hurting the other teams feelings. She is such a girl in that way and so completely opposite of my boys who are all about knocking someone down and winning. She did a great job though and I am so proud of her.
Warming up
And there off....
Trying to stay warm
1 comment:
tooooooooo ooooooooo cute!! What a little soccer star!
Post a Comment