Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowmaggedan

Holy Snowfall!! It started snowing yesterday early, early morning and didn't stop until after we went to bed last night. Cary said he had heard that our area hasn't had this much snow since 1840something. I think we got something like 10 inches. The kids are in heaven.

This picture is from this morning...I took this picture in the same spot I took the one I posted yesterday. The picture/photographer doesn't do this scene justice. The trees are absolutely gorgeous!


These next few pictures are from yesterday. As soon as the kids got home they were headed outside to have some fun.




This is what our snowman, Herbert looked like this morning after a night of snow. Poor guy!
The rest of the pictures are from our fun today. We had a snowball fight, attempted sledding on cookie sheets and cardboard boxes, tried to build a snow fort, but mostly are enjoying the beauty before it all melts.







1 comment:

emblair said...

Glad you guys had so much fun in the snow. And I love your new top picture with the kids staring off into the endless sea of white. Looks kind of magical.