Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy Saturday

I am so glad the weekend is over.....Saturday was jammed pack with stuff we had to do. We first went to our primary activity and had "Popsicles in the Park". Kate had been talking about this activity for weeks so there was no way we couldn't go. The primary presidency brought tons of popsicles so the kids went crazy. I think Kate had one of every flavor.




So, from the park we went directly over to see Braeden's first football game. Well, it was actually a "preseason" game. (people take football so serioulsy around here) I guess it was a good thing it was just a "preseason" game because they lost. Braeden was so nervous, but he did really well. He played the whole entire game. He plays center on offense, left nose tackle (is there really such a thing?) on defense, and he is also on the specialty team. I didn't get many pictures but here are a few....

These first two pictures are of the boys just doing some tackling drills before the game. I didn't get any pictures of the actual football game. Those will come later in the season. That is Braeden on the right getting ready to tackle that big guy.


It was sooooo HOT!!!! Joshua and Kate were very miserable in the heat.

When the football game was over we went home to cool off and have lunch. Cary ran to do some church visits while I cleaned up the house. When he got home we decided we better go and get school supplies. School starts 2 weeks from today and we are very behind on getting everything in order to start. While we didn't get everything on the list, we did put a dent in it so I feel a little bit better about that. After our shopping trip we came home to get ready so that Cary and I could go chaperone a bunch of teenagers at a church dance. I love working with the youth but this is one of my least favorite things to do. Although, I shouldn't complain because the music was good and I did get to dance with Cary. (which we never do) So, that was our Saturday condensed into a few paragraphs and it wasn't even everything we HAD to do, but I will spare you the boring details of our lives! The week before was even crazier, but I won't even begin to let you in on that either. I don't say this often but I am loving that today is Monday!

No comments: