Monday, April 14, 2008

Double Digits


When Braeden was born he weighed 9lbs. and was 23 1/2 inches long. He had a very large head and a long, skinny body. He looked like an alien baby. I use to prop him up on my knees and bob him up and down to get him to sleep and then I would very carefully put him in his bed. When he was upset and would cry I would get really close to his ear and sing "We'll Bring the World His Truth" (Army of Helaman) and he would almost immediately stop crying. When he was little he loved when I would trace his face with my fingers over and over again. Today he is 10 years old....wow! Where does the time go. It seems like not very long ago that he was a baby snuggled up close to me.


He now weighs 85 lbs and is 5 feet tall. He still has a big head, but he no longer looks like an alien. He has grown into a very handsome young man!! He still loves to snuggle with me...... although its a little awkward now because he is so big. I will continue to let him though until he no longer wants to. He has grown into a very smart, athletic, loving and helpful boy...and he is an excellent big brother. We love Braeden soooooo very much!!! Happy Birthday Brother!!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

What a happy milestone for both of you, congratulations.

emblair said...

It's funny that you said he looked like an alien baby. Jeremy things all babies look like aliens. He wouldn't even look at the sonogram pics of Molly because it freaked him out too much.

And Braeden definitely doesn't look like an alien anymore...he's such a great kid! The all-American boy!!

Leisha Mareth said...

That totally made me cry. The first time I ever laid eyes on Braeden he was punching your hand as you held his hand and tried to lead him into the church pew. He was making these strained and funny faces. I instantly thought he was hilarious and adorable. I imagine he still is!

Happy Birthday Kiddo!